- Exciting opportunity to join a newly established service supporting those in regional, rural and remote WA impacted by domestic or family violence
- Flexible work practices – part time role (Mon-Fri 10am – 10pm)
- Friendly, supportive and passionate management and Board
About the role
Exciting opportunity for a professional, motivated and team-oriented family and domestic violence practitioner to join our team. The primary duties of this role are to provide telephone and webchat interventions to anyone impacted by family and domestic violence living in regional, rural and remote Western Australia.
This role will be required to work a variety of shifts from 10am – 10pm Monday to Friday, with rosters of between 20 to 40 hours a fortnight available until June 2022 (when the current funding cycle ends). The position is located in Subiaco. Being a new service, we are seeking staff who can be flexible and adaptable to support our clients as the service evolves.
About you (essential requirements)
- Applicants will ideally have relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, counselling, behavioural or social sciences or other appropriate qualification/s and solid experience in the FDV
Other essential requirements include:
- Able to demonstrate a solid understanding of the barriers and complexities that exist for regional, rural and remote WA communities in accessing services
- Well developed knowledge and analysis of the effects, causes and dynamics of family and domestic violence
- Knowledge of the family and domestic violence service ecosystem throughout WA
- 2 + years delivering trauma-informed responses in a counselling and/ or case management framework
- Sound IT skills and experience working with a variety of databases
- Current WA Working with Children Check and National Police Clearance or commitment to obtain
- Right to work in Australia
- Available to commence by 29th March 2020
Full details of the selection criteria and essential requirements in addition to the above are in the position description.
DVassist is a unique and innovative new organisation that addresses the complex issue of abusive relationships in regional, rural and remote areas by providing readily accessible support and services to impacted by domestic and family violence.
We deliver telephone support, counselling and case management as well as webchat support and an online service directory.
We are a small team of experienced and passionate family and domestic violence advocates who are committed to robust services for people living in RRR WA.
Why join DVassist
- We are committed to delivering best-practice responses that contribute to the evidence-base of trauma-informed initiatives
- Flexible and family-friendly workplace
- Generous salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount program available
- EAP support and Professional Supervision provided
How to apply for this job
- Review the position description
- Send a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) that outlines how your skills and experience match the essential requirements above and in the position description and provide a current resume
- Submit your application online via SEEK
Applications close on 21 February 2021. Applications will be considered as they arrive, so early application will be advantageous. If further information is required, please contact Inez on 0498 008 424.
Please note those applications without a cover letter and the right to work in Australia will not be considered.
We thank you for your interest in the role, however only those applications shortlisted for interview purposes will be contacted by telephone .