For anyone seeking one to one support, we now offer both a telephone helpline and live Web Chat, with experienced counsellors responding.
Live Web Chat
NOW AVAILABLE Monday to Friday, 10am to 10pm AWST (except on public holidays).
In April 2021, we launched this web chat service – if it is safe to do so you can access the Web Chat by clicking on the yellow chat icon on the far bottom right of this screen.
If you live in regional, rural or remote Western Australia and you are experiencing family and domestic violence, you can now access silent support with our new Web Chat online support function. This service is ideal for times when a phone conversation is not possible and using text is a useful alternative option.
If it is safe for you to do so, you can access the Web Chat by clicking on the yellow chat icon on the far bottom right of this screen.
You can contact us on Web Chat if you:
- are worried about your relationship and are not sure if what you are experiencing is family or domestic violence
- are experiencing domestic or family violence
- have experienced domestic and family violence and are wanting to chat to someone but cannot call
- prefer to use a text-based format for conversations
- are concerned that a friend or family member may be experiencing violence
- would like assistance to find a local, state or national family and domestic violence support service
Or call us on our helpline 1800 080 083 for counselling support, also available 10am to 10pm weekdays, excluding public holidays.
What to expect when you contact us
We know that talking about family and domestic violence can be difficult, especially for the first time. When you contact DVassist, either via telephone or web chat, you will be connected with a qualified and experienced counsellor who understands the unique challenges of experiencing family and domestic violence in regional, rural and remote Western Australia.
We will work with you to help identify what you can do and to connect you with the right support services if you’re ready to take that next step. We are a confidential and non-government service and you can remain anonymous if you want.
If you or someone you know is in danger, please call 000.