Wheatbelt Mental Health Service provides free, confidential, quality, community mental health care to people of all ages in the Coastal and Wheatbelt communities. The Wheatbelt Mental Health Service is a team of mental health professionals including a consultant psychiatrist, clinical psychologists, social workers, child and adolescent professionals and community mental health nurses.
Locally based, multi-disciplinary teams are located in Northam, Gingin, Merredin and Narrogin. Regular visits are made to outlying areas within the region to meet community needs. Outreach is supported by telephone consultation and videoconferencing. Clinical liaison is provided to hospitals within the region. Clinical programs include:
- Aboriginal Mental Health Program (all ages)
- Adult Mental Health Program (18-65 years)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Program (0-18 years)
- Seniors Mental Health Program (65+ years)
- Youth Mental Health Program (15-24 years)