Below is a list of options for accommodation, including refuges and safe houses, emergency housing, men’s and women’s shelters, and rent assistance. Additionally, the services directory lists local low cost and alternative accommodation options.

Since April 2019, new tenancy laws have been introduced that allow the termination of a lease within 7 days on the ground of domestic violence

If you cannot find local accommodation support services for your area, you can find state and national accommodation service providers at the bottom of this page, including those offering safe accommodation, rental assistance and tenancy advice.

RAC Exmouth Cape Holiday Park

RAC Exmouth Cape Holiday Park is a pet friendly accommodation option offering a range of accommodation including self-contained cabins, brand new studios and powered and unpowered sites. Their facilities include a kitchen, laundry facilities, fax/photocopying and wifi access.
Suggest an edit

Community Information and Referral Centre

The Community Information and Referral Centre provides clients seeking assistance with financial counselling, emergency relief, family law, housing and associated problems. 
Suggest an edit

CFSS – Public Tenancy Support Service

Public Tenancy Support Service aims to assist Dept of Housing tenants at risk of eviction to avoid becoming homeless. The support worker visits tenants in their homes on a regular basis to help sustain their tenancies through tenancy support, advocacy and case management. Participation in the program is with the tenants’ consent, but sometimes becomes a condition of the tenancy where there has been a prior tenancy agreement with issues including debts, property standards in breach of the tenancy agreement and anti-social behaviour.
Suggest an edit

Emergency Relief – CFSS WA LTD

This service provides emergency relief for food, accommodation, fuel, transport etc. CFSS also assists people in applying for government housing and provide letters of support for clients at risk of homelessness or living with relatives in overcrowded situations.
Suggest an edit

CFSS WA – Sobering Up Centre

The Centre provides a safe, care-oriented environment in which persons found intoxicated in public may sober up, therefore diverting them from police lock-ups and reducing the likelihood of them causing further harm to themselves or others in the community.
Suggest an edit

Mission Australia – THRIVE

THRIVE supports tenants of Public Housing and Aboriginal Housing who experience difficulties sustaining their tenancy. THRIVE also supports people who may be homeless and those on a housing waitlist, who have 12 months or less wait for a property.
Thrive case managers work with individuals and families to help them develop skills, knowledge and links to community services and resources that will help them to address complex issues which affect their tenancy.
Suggest an edit

Wintersun Caravan and Tourist Park

Wintersun Caravan & Tourist Park offers budget accommodation with the option of family chalets. Its amenities include cooking facilities, laundry facilities, internet access and a payphone.
Suggest an edit

Gascoyne Women’s Refuge

The Gascoyne Women’s Refuge provides accommodation for women and children at risk of or experiencing homelessness due to domestic or family violence or other forms of crisis. The Refuge also offers services to assist with healing, treatment and legal recourse as required.
Suggest an edit

Regional Alliance West – Tenancy Advocate

The Tenant Advocate service can help with information and assistance with your rights and responsibilities when managing your tenancy and can also help with understanding letters and documents about your housing. The Carnarvon office can assist you in getting an appointment if you live in the Gascoyne region.
Suggest an edit

Regional Alliance West – Housing Assistance Programme

The Housing Assistance Programme offers assistance to individuals experiencing problems with tenancy while living in a Housing Authority or private rental. 
Suggest an edit

Carnarvon Motel

The Carnarvon Motel offers budget accommodation in the centre of town. Amenities include: Laundry services, internet access and a communal kitchen.
Suggest an edit

Ningaloo Coral Bay Backpackers

The Ningaloo Coral Bay Backpackers offers budget accommodation 250 metres from Coral Bay. Its amenities include internet access, laundry services and cooking facilities.
Suggest an edit

State and National Accommodation Services Services

Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline

The Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline is a state wide 24 hour service. This service provides support and counselling for women experiencing family and domestic violence. This includes:

  • Phone counselling
  • Information and advice
  • Referral to local advocacy, support services, and safe accommodation if required
  • Support in escaping situations of family and domestic violence
Suggest an edit


WAConnect is a free directory for service providers, and people looking for assistance. Users can search for food relief, financial counsellors, and emergency accommodation, among other services, and get a list of services that can provide assistance in the location that is convenient.
Suggest an edit

Pets in Crisis

The Pets in Crisis program is a free service providing a temporary home for pets whose owners are experiencing immediate family and domestic violence. Pets are placed in a loving foster home while their owner seeks refuge or temporary accommodation of their own.
The service is available via a referral from a caseworker only. Pets in Crisis is open to all domestic pets, including cats, dogs and pocket pets (rabbits, guinea pigs, mice, etc.) for up to three months.
The scheme is not for emergency situations and the Pets in Crisis team is only available during normal business hours.
Suggest an edit

Men’s Domestic Violence Helpline

The Men’s Domestic Violence Helpline is a state wide 24 hour service. This service provides counselling for men who are concerned about becoming violent or abusive. The service can provide:

  • telephone counselling
  • information and referral to ongoing face to face services if required

Information and support is also available for men who have experienced family and domestic violence

Suggest an edit

Homeless Advisory Service

The Homeless Advisory Service provides information to primary and secondary homeless people that will assist them to seek their own accommodation.
The Advisory Service also takes calls from people who have shelter but do not have their own tenancy or lodgings.  In these cases the Homeless Advisory Service encourages clients to obtain bond assistance and to seek private rental accommodation.  Clients are given information about public and community rental housing through the Department of Housing and how they can apply for priority assistance.
Suggest an edit

Entry Point Perth

Entrypoint Perth is a free assessment and referral service assisting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Western Australia to access accommodation and support options. For individuals and families based in regional Western Australia, they can:

  • provide information on accommodation and support options to assist people to seek their own accommodation
  • assess individual circumstances of people and families experiencing domestic violence and, if eligible, provide formal referrals to crisis accommodation and support options
Suggest an edit

Crisis Care Helpline

Crisis Care is a telephone information and counselling service for people in crisis needing urgent help. Call the Crisis Care Helpline when:

  • You need someone to help sort out a serious problem.
  • You are concerned about the wellbeing of a child.
  • You are escaping domestic violence and need help.
  • You are homeless.
If you have concerns about a child’s wellbeing, please contact the Central Intake Team on 1800 273 889 or email
Translating and interpreting services available on 13 14 50
Suggest an edit
Quick Exit