A one-off payment if you’ve experienced an extreme circumstance and are in severe financial hardship.
To get any of these payments, you must meet all of the following:
• Be in severe financial hardship
• Get, or, be eligible for an income support payment or ABSTUDY Living Allowance
• Be experiencing an extreme circumstance.
To be eligible, you must be experiencing 1 of the following:
• You or someone you’re caring for are required to quarantine or self-isolate due to COVID-19
• You’ve experienced an incident of family and domestic violence
• You’ve had to leave your home because of a natural or other disaster not covered by a disaster relief payment
• You’ve arrived in Australia as a Humanitarian Entrant for the first time
• You were released from prison or psychiatric confinement.