Through a 24 week group program you can learn to manage your anger and gain the skills to communicate in a healthy and effective manner. Participants can hear and share stories with others in similar situations and access support in a respectful and confidential environment.
The course teaches participants methods of anger management and how to reprogram their responses to conflict and stress. Individual counselling is also made available to work through issues and address the source of violent, abusive behaviour. Counselling is confidential, respectful and professional.
Anglicare WA hopes to motivate change in men’s lives and promote compassionate relationships free of abuse. Changing Tracks can assist clients whose:
- Behaviour is hurting their family and self
- Anger or violence is getting out of hand
- Partner has asked them to seek help repeatedly
- Partner has applied for a Violence Restraining Order
- Children do not want to communicate with them anymore
- Actions towards their family may be classified as: Humiliation, intimidation, injury, abuse, threatening, disrespectful, pushing, hitting, causing fear