The Men’s Community Intervention Service (MCIS) is for men who perpetrate family violence who are willing and motivated to seek assistance with their current circumstances and violent abuse.
We will work with men to provide case management and care co-ordination that includes:
- Initial risk assessment
- Victim support (face to face or by phone)
- Safety and accountability plan (case plan)
- Family agreement
- Support for fathering to keep children safe
- Information provision
- Ongoing risk assessment and risk management
- Support and advocacy
- Appropriate referrals
- Individual and group education (i.e. fathering, grief and loss, addiction)
- Transition planning
The MCIS will ensure that (ex) partner support is in place, and will refer to a specialist family violence service if not already linked with partner support services.