Esperance Financial Counselling Service primarily targets families on low incomes, facing financial difficulties. This is a free holistic service assisting people to gain financial knowledge and control of their lives.
The service has run workshops such as ‘Money Matters’, a financial management workshop, including topics such as, understanding paperwork, goal setting, credit, debts and budgets.
Financial Counselling can help you to:
- Learn different ways to spend and save money
- Prepare personal and family budgets
- Talk to creditors
- Negotiate payments/loans
- Reduce financial stress
- Choose options to reduce debts
- Make appropriate referrals
- Bankruptcy options
- Provide financial education
- Ensure you are receiving eligable rebates and subsidies
- Applications for No Interest Loan Scheme(NILS)
- Applications Step Up Loans