A payment for farming families in financial hardship.
To get this you must:
- be a farmer or partner of a farmer, who spends a major part of your time and capital, working on the farm
- meet the income and assets test limits
- meet mutual obligation requirements. To get Farm Household Allowance (FHA) you must meet all the following:
- be a farmer or partner of a farmer
- be 16 years or older
- contribute labour and capital to an Australian farm, or are the partner of a farmer who does
- have income and assets below certain amounts
- have had less than 4 years of FHA in the specific 10-year period.