The Indigenous Healing Service supports children and young people impacted by child sexual abuse and/or family and domestic violence. It is available to families living in South Hedland and Port Hedland, Western Australia.
The healing service supports:
- children, young people, adults and families who have experienced and/or been impacted by child sexual abuse and family domestic violence
- children and young people who are responsible for or who are at risk of sexually abusing other children and or being violent towards others.
By using a combination of traditional and contemporary healing approaches the service encompasses physical, social, emotional, cultural and spiritual wellbeing. Through workshops, information sessions and publications, they aim to:
- lessen the harm of child abuse and help make children strong
- support adults in understanding it is their responsibility to ensure their children and family are safe
- develop safety plans with family and significant others to keep children and young people safe.