Pilbara Mental Health and Drug Service (PMHDS) provides specialist mental health and drug & alcohol services to the Pilbara region. Locally based, multi-disciplinary teams are located in the large centres across the Pilbara (Hedland, Karratha, and Newman). Outreach services are provided by each of these teams to surrounding towns, communities and remote areas.
Services are available for all ages.
Clients may self-present (without referrals), while referrals are accepted from a range of health professionals and other agencies.
Clinical Programs include:
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Youth Mental Health
- Aboriginal Mental Health
- Adult Mental Health
- Seniors Mental Health
- Alcohol and Drug
- Aboriginal Alcohol and Drug Programs
Referrals: The preferred referral method is through your General Practitioner, however there are other referral options:
- Your General Practitioner (preferred option)
- Crisis and emergency services
- Other health services
- Community agencies
- Private Psychiatrists or other doctors
- A relative, carer or friend