Wunan manages the Child & Parent Centres (CPCs) in Kununurra & Halls Creek in partnership with the WA Department of Education.
Research shows that 90 per cent of a child’s brain develops by the age of three. So clearly the experiences children have during this time impact on their success at school and in later life. Child & Parent Centres support families as they begin to lay the foundations for their children’s development and learning habits.
The Kununurra & Halls Creek CPCs offer a range of activities for children and families, including:
- Playgroups & school holiday programs
- Health programs in partnership with local organisations
- Pick up and drop off services
- Cultural programs and performances
- KindiLink in partnership with local schools