DVassist is a unique and innovative organisation, newly established to specifically support people living in regional, rural and remote WA who are impacted by domestic and family violence, and sexual assault. We know that the isolation of victims within rural and remote communities can both compound the level of domestic violence, while also restricting the ability to access services that are available to provide domestic and family violence specialist support. We provide locally focused telephone advice and support which includes information and referrals; safety planning and assessment; single and multi-session counselling and into the future on-line chat and practical case management for people experiencing violence and people using violence in distinct WA regional, rural and remote communities.
OFFICE ADMIN COORDINATOR
- Short term contract with immediate start
- Flexible work practices – Full time or part time considered
- Unique not-for-profit WA organisation that makes a difference
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Office /Administration Coordinator to handle the day-to-day administrative tasks of running our office.
Ideally, this is a full-time position, but we will consider part time for the right candidate. The role is a short-term contract position until 30 June 2022 (may be extended subject to funding) and is based in our Subiaco office. Immediate start preferred.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual who is keen to apply their knowledge and make a difference in the lives of people impacted by family and domestic violence.
Reporting to the Operations Manager duties will include:
- Responsibility for the day to day running of the office to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the organisation, including maintaining the premises, office supplies, incoming/outgoing mail and greeting visitors.
- Providing basic IT support to staff and liaising with external consultants including first point of contact for trouble shooting, maintaining various subscriptions and add on software for our CRM system, managing the help centre phone and web chat system and coordinating IT access for all users.
- Assisting with financial tasks including responsibility for preparing expense reconciliations and pre-approving invoicing.
- Assisting with the management of the organisation’s Document Governance System and internal registers.
- Assisting with funding proposals, presentations and briefing notes.
- Coordinating fundraising and training events/meetings.
- Assisting with coordinating, writing and submitting funding and grant applications.
- Assisting with loading and managing funding network data (contacts, activities and insights) into the CRM.
- Assisting Operations Manager with service and operational deliverables, as needed.
- Providing staff with sundry administrative support.
- Assisting on special projects as required.
Qualifications & experience:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in administrative support
- Diploma in Business or Business Administration is desirable
- Experience with managing IT support within an organisation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Excellent time management and self-motivation for task management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and use your own initiative
- Ability to professionally interact with colleagues, clients and associates at all times
- Thrives in a team environment but can also work autonomously
Benefits and perks:
- Flexible work practices and family friendly workplace
- Hours are flexible (full time or part time considered)
- Generous salary packaging, meal and entertainment card
- EAP support
- Subiaco location
- Salary rate in accordance with Social and Community Services (Western Australia) Interim Award Level 4.1
How to apply for this job:
- Review the position description here: Position Description – Office Admin Coordinator
- Send a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) that outlines why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience match the essential requirements and provide a current resume
- Submit your application online via SEEK
Applications will be considered as they arrive, so early application will be advantageous. If further information is required please contact Ella via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DVassist is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture of opportunity. We welcome applications from Australian First Nations people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTIQ.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.