DVassist is a unique and innovative organisation, newly established to specifically support people living in regional, rural and remote WA who are impacted by domestic and family violence, and sexual assault. We know that the isolation of victims within rural and remote communities can both compound the level of domestic violence, while also restricting the ability to access services that are available to provide domestic and family violence specialist support. We provide locally focused telephone advice and support which includes information and referrals; safety planning and assessment; single and multi-session counselling and into the future on-line chat and practical case management for people experiencing violence and people using violence in distinct WA regional, rural and remote communities.
Register your interest
To register your interest in working with us as a specialist domestic violence telephone counsellor, please forward your CV along with a 2 page (maximum) covering letter to email@example.com.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
New Diverse Role – Full Time or Part-Time job share
DVassist’s vision is to stand beside and empower those impacted by family and domestic violence and our purpose is to provide access to counselling and support services for anyone impacted by family and domestic violence in regional, rural and remote Australia. We do this by delivering a range of services including a free domestic violence telephone counselling helpline and web-chat support service that operates weekdays 10am to 10pm, online information hub and online directory of services for 16 regional areas of WA.
The Community Engagement & Development Coordinator position is a new and exciting role in the organisation, reporting into our CEO. The position will be responsible for leading and implementing community development and engagement initiatives that will raise awareness of DVassist services and build support from community members, service providers, corporates and other parties. We encourage applicants from regional Western Australia to apply as the role can be regionally located. Travel throughout beautiful regional WA is an essential part of this role. This is a contract role until 30 June 2022.
This will be achieved by:
- Developing strong links and partnerships with key stakeholders, service providers, regional corporate organisations and community members
- Ensuring that accessible information is available within the community to increase the capacity of people in regional and rural communities who are experiencing family and domestic violence to connect with DVassist.
This is a unique role for an experienced practitioner with strong relationship and capacity building skills and will involve (not an exhaustive list):
- Leading the development, implementation and evaluation of our Community Awareness and Engagement Strategy
- Establishing connections within the community and building effective relationships and networks with a strong focus on the rural, regional and remote WA community
- Co-ordination and participation of presentations and events to increase the profile of DVassist
- Identification and support for community and other fundraising opportunities, and contribution to the submission of grant and funding applications
- Representing DVassist at various agencies, forums and professional networks
- Management of our CRM database
- Preparation of communications to external parties, including the development of newsletters
- Contribute to the content and production of marketing material, websites and social media
- Managing and updating the DVassist online service provider directory
- Carrying out presentations to raise awareness regarding family and domestic violence and the work of DVassist
- Assist in securing speaking opportunities across the 16 regional areas in WA, online, and in Perth metro area.
- Keeping up to date with relevant sector trends, information and service delivery gaps
Please refer to the position description on our website for a full list of accountabilities: Position Description – Community Engagement Development Coordinator
What you need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in the areas of Social and Behavioural Sciences, Community Development, Health Promotion or other appropriate qualification(s).
- Relevant clinical experience in the domestic and family violence, sexual assault or women’s health service sector
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and facilitating awareness and education activities and events within a community setting.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with community and stakeholder groups, and ideally corporate organisations.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, with a strong ability to tailor communication in an appropriate and sensitive manner to different social and cultural groups and environments
- Enthusiasm for our mission and commitment to working alongside a small and dedicated team of professionals
- The ideal candidate would also bring experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Leaders and Communities
- Strong presentation and written skills
- Commitment to DVassist’s values and ability to incorporate them into engagement initiatives
- Strong knowledge and understanding of regional, rural and remote WA
- Ability to travel throughout regional WA on a monthly basis
Why join DVassist
- Friendly, supportive and passionate team who are making a difference in the lives of people impacted by family and domestic violence
- Central Subiaco location or work remotely if you are located in regional WA
- Flexible working arrangements and additional leave provisions
- Family friendly workplace
- EAP support and Professional Supervision provided
- Salary packaging, meal and entertainment card
Interested? Apply via SEEK today!
Please ensure that you:
- Review the position description for further details of the role/ skills and experience required.
- Submit your current CV along with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining why you are interested in the role and how your skills/experience match the selection criteria.
Applications will be considered as they are received, so don’t delay in applying for this unique role. Applications close 17th May 2021. If you would like more information about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Community Engagement and Development Co-ordinator or phone Emma on (08) 6146 2518.
DVassist is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture of opportunity. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTIQ
Please note that those applications without a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and/or the right to work in Australia cannot be considered. We thank you for your application however only those shortlisted will be contacted.