Refuge Accommodation

Woman that experienced domestic violence watching the window

If you are in domestic violence crisis and you need to leave immediately, consider using the DVassist online directory to find emergency housing and refuge accommodation, women’s and men’s shelters, short stay or low-cost accommodation options.

The WA Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline on 1800 007 339 or WA Men’s Domestic Violence Helpline on 1800 000 599 can also assist you to find emergency accommodation. Alternatively, you may have the option of staying with trusted friends or family. To maintain the safety of you and your children, avoid letting the person using violence know where you are.

If you need to leave a rented property, learn about the new tenancy laws in WA that allow you to terminate your lease or stay in the property on domestic violence grounds.

You may also be eligible for a one off extreme circumstances crisis payment from Centrelink , rental assistance or priority housing assistance.

Quick Exit