James Garnaut Horizon House in Broome provides support for young Aboriginal men aged 16 to 22 years who need long term accommodation and care. To be eligible for the St John of God Horizon House program, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Homeless or in need of accommodation and support
- Aged 16 to 22 years old
- Willing to work towards receiving a wage or obtaining Centrelink payments
- Willing to contribute towards their share of rent and utilities – the cost of rent is means tested dependent on income to ensure affordability for all residents
- Willing to participate in daily activities as agreed in their individual support plan for example school, work (voluntary), courses and counselling
- Prepared to abide by the no smoking rule
- No current significant issues with alcohol and/or substance abuse.