If life is at threat, call 000 immediately. If you need to report a breach of a Family Violence Order, or require Police attendance, please call 131 444. Questions you may be asked:
- The address where the incident is taking place.
- Your name and telephone number.
- The offender’s name, age and date of birth.
- Are there any weapons involved? Are you able to describe them?
- Are you the victim? If no, what’s the victim’s name?
If the incident is occurring while you are talking to the operator, stay on the telephone. Your safety is paramount to us.
Police can also issue a Police Order, help you to get a Restraining Order, find a refuge or alternative accommodation. They can also refer you to support agencies such as Crisis Care, counselling services and legal services such as the Legal Aid Domestic Violence Legal Unit. The police will take all measures possible to ensure the victim and children’s welfare and safety is not compromised. They are also committed to ensuring that the perpetrators are held accountable.