DVAVSS provides information, support, referrals and assistance in a secure and confidential setting where you are safe to tell your story. The service acts as an important tool to help overcome trauma, recover and rebuild life after abuse. DVAVSS provides assistance with:
• Providing information to clients about their rights, options, and the community resources available for them
• Safety planning- various strategies are discussed so a client can decide for themselves what strategies to use to reduce their future risk of abuse
• Violence Restraining Order applications
• Encouragement, empathy and respect with a non-judgmental approach and culturally sensitive support.
• Informal counselling can be through crisis intervention or casual conversation.
DVAVSS works closely with WA Police, Child Protection and Family Support, Family and Domestic Violence Response Team, Women’s Refuge, Safe House and the DV Lawyer at PCLS. By building a good relationship with other services, DVAVSS is able to provide a client centred service and address client needs by referring them for appropriate support.